Monday 11 January 2016

A Sad Day......

At Christmastime 42 years ago, I started a relationship with a man. Today it ended. Or rather it didn't. We never met, although we were in the same place at the same time on a handful of occasions. So much of what he did was the backdrop to my formative years. From questionable taste in fashion in an attempt to emulate him, to the amount of time I spent in my bedroom, not quite alone (he was always there), to the future musical choices I would make and therefore find myself amongst like-minded people.

David Bowie

The first album I actually owned.
R.I.P. Mr Bowie.

1 comment:

  1. I owned several of his albums and my favourite song was 'God knows I'm good' its not played on the radio but I love that song.
    So sad that he has gone and quite young too.
    What with him and Freddie Mercury who I also loved, I wonder who is next.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete