Thursday 3 January 2013

Frugal New Year

I know we are only 3 days in, but I can report success with my frugal endeavours. So far this year, no money spent, all meals at home and lunches for work from the store cupboard, no food wasted and languishing in the recycling,
I haven't been near any sales (don't actually need anything) and have taken to driving like a flat-capped pensioner on a Sunday morning, to eek out the petrol.
Only another 365 days to go.
One of the (many) things I want to master whilst I'm off is making my own bread. I acquired a breadmaker a little while ago. Second hand, of course, but I haven't been brave to get to grips with it. Whenever I tried breadmaking in the past, I've produced some excellent door stops, but nothing edible, Time to learn this, as plenty of raw ingredients in cupboard, ready and waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on not spending! I already bought some charm packs on Ebay. Hubby will be upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I need to save more money this year and will try my utmost to do so! My hubby is a dab hand at breadmaking, he does it by hand and its soooo gorgeous! My downfall really-bread, I should have less of it really!

    ReplyDelete