Sunday, 26 August 2012


I didn't know what a baby taggie was until recently, but having stumbled across a picture of one on t'internet, I thought I'd have a go at making one for my nephew.
Early Learning Centre make one, in the form of a book, so I planned on expanding on the idea.
It was a great way to use up scraps and some random bits of fabric, not suitable for quilting.
I've tried to make it as tactile as possible - using a couple of pieces of velvet, some satin, fluffy fabrics, textured gingham as well as cotton.
The ribbons are all from a bag of scraps of ribbon I got ages ago from a CS.
Again I used some different textures and fabrics.
I cut twenty five 2 1/2" squares and 25 pieces of ribbon, 5" long. The ribbon is folded and pressed to make the tabs.
I backed it with some cream fleece, taken from my bargain Abakhan fabric. So, the cost was hardly anything.
I'm quite pleased with it and it's kept me quiet all Sunday afternoon! Now, just need to find out if  seven month old Henry is impressed.

1 comment: