Thursday 6 September 2012

New Books!




 

 
My lovely friend, Ali manages a charity shop on the other side of Manchester. A few days ago, she emailed to tell me she had had some quilting books donated. 'Would I be interested, by any chance?' Er... yes!
 
 
So, next chance I got, I went for a coffee and a catch up and made my purchases.
They're all over 20 years old, but in lovely condition with loads of exciting colour plates to browse.
 
 
I paid the going rate for them, but they were still ridiculously cheap, so a real bargain. She doesn't charge much for books, as the local population don't buy that many. She does, however run an incredibly busy and profitable charity shop.

 
This one really caught my attention. I'd never heard of Amy Emms, but it's a really interesting read. Seemingly some of her work is on display at York Quilt Museum.  I've been meaning to visit it for a while and now have even more reason. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive and should make for a nice day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment