Monday 11 June 2012

Best Laid Plans .......

Firstly, hello to my newest follower, fellow Leonard Cohen fan, Lovely Grey Day. If you haven't read her excellently written blog, give it a go.
Tonight I was supposed to have a night out - only to a small comedy club in the city centre. Cheap and cheerful, with the bonus of a couple of glasses of wine. However, it's been one of those days. I got caught up in the fall-out from someone else's bad behaviour at work. Unknowingly, of course.
As a consequence, I've had to forgo the day off I had booked for tomorrow and finished later than I should. This meant I couldn't have made it into the city in time for the start of the show and I have to consider my early start tomorrow.
On top of this, the football has interfered with the viewing times for Corrie
. If you're not in the UK, you might not appreciate that watching Coronation Street on a Monday night is essential for several million of us - especially up north.
So what's a girl to do in these circumstances -







Pour a gin and tonic



and fire up the sewing machine!









1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that other people's poor behaviour is making life difficult for you. My manager is currently sailing very close to disciplinary action and I know how awful it is to be caught in the flack. Hope today was better. Jx

    ReplyDelete