Monday 6 January 2014

Old Quilt, New Home







I've been meaning to post about this quilt for a long time. I ought it quite a while ago from a charity shop in Congleton. It didn't cost much and to be honest, at first glance it looked like it was past it. It smelled a bit damp.
Anyway, a quick go in the washing machine resolved the problems. It is actually quite lovely. I really like it.


The interesting thing about it was the label on the back. It was made by a lady called Anne in 1996, in Congleton. As I know another blogger Diane @ The Cheshire Quilter attends a quilt group in Congleton. I thought I'd ask if she knew this lady. She did!
After Diane passed on my contact details to Anne, I had a lovely email back from her. She says it was one of her early quilts and made as a gift. She was very modest, as the quilt is superb  and I know from Diane that she is an award winning quilter.
I'm really pleased to own it and although it has a hanging sleeve on the back, I prefer to make use of it. It's often on the sofa - that is when it's not in the washing machine (cat hair!).

It will cover a double bed, but I can't get it all on one picture!

3 comments:

  1. good to know it went to a good home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to be able to trace it's history.. and it's a really pretty find. I'm not surprised you use it loads. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lovely, pretty colours and an effective pattern. Great to snuggle under.

    ReplyDelete