Sunday 29 December 2013

Another Year Over (Almost)..........


I'm usually glad to see the back of a year, always thinking that next year will be better. The pessimist in me tells me I'm probably going to be wrong. Are you allowed to be miserable on your own blog?
Photo above was taken whilst out walking last Wednesday (aka Christmas Day).

 
My Christmas was extremely low key. It started by popping out to feed two home alone Christmas kitties. Said cats had left me a very nice present on the kitchen worktop (you don't see Santa doing that).
After unwrapping, I shared the ribbon - it was much enjoyed.
 


In the afternoon I went walking with Himself. Just in case anyone thinks it looks like some kind of modern incarceration camp - it's actually the back of Manchester Airport. The tall building on the left is the old control tower, recently replaced with a brand new shiny version.
On the right, out of shot and much more picturesque is Styal Woods.

I'm planning that 2014 will involve lots of sitting behind my sewing machine. I was quite taken with this Tula Pink quilt on display at this year's Festival of Quilts. I have the fabric for it - now just need time and motivation.
I've also got a couple of WIP's to get to grips with - both intended as presents. Additionally, a family member and the daughter of a work colleague are expecting, so a couple of baby quilts are in order there. I'm giving myself the deadline of end of January for these, then February for the Tula Pink copy.

2 comments:

  1. baby quilts are small and quick to do so a good place to startxx A happy Christmas is the best sort .. even when cleaning up after a cat!! lol x
    All the best for the new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. Glad to see you had a great family Christmas. Happy New Year to you, too. x

    ReplyDelete