Friday 1 January 2016

A Challenge


Image result for walking pictures

Ilona over at Life After Money set herself the challenge of walking 1000 miles in a year. Read about it here.  She also suggested that others might join her - lots of people have, including me!
I started today, (clichéd, yes, but who cares).

Image result for walking pictures
Well today I managed 2.9 miles. It's a start and I've only to do it another 364 times to hit the target. Good job we have an extra day this year.
I completed a 10k 'Fun' run last year and was painfully slow, but I did cross the line and raise a few hundred pounds for my favourite charity. The anticipated fitness levels di not materialise unfortunately.
At the very least this challenge will see me getting my money's worth out of the hideously expensive trainers I bought for last year's event.
Let's see what I manage tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You did better than me. I did about a mile x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did better than me. I did about a mile x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The important thing is - we did something! Still took me almost 40 minutes. Must try harder to speed up a bit.x

      Delete