Wednesday 25 January 2012

Frugal and Crafty

Today I had a day off work, so arranged to have lunch with a friend. No, that's not the frugal bit, but somewhere reasonably priced was picked.
Red House Farm
This local farm has diversified very successfully and offers all sorts - including the tea rooms where we had lunch. They also run a very well patronised farm shop.
Since I last visited - it's been a while, they have added an on site shop, selling bespoke hand painted furniture, vintage items and hand-crafted decorative homewares.
The shop was really lovely and left me feeling that I could use quite a number of their ideas. We shall see. The frugal part - well despite the huge temptations, lots of pretty things, my purse remained firmly closed. I think I did well!


The afternoon was completed by a brisk walk with the dogs.The ones mentioned here.

No comments:

Post a Comment